FUN Academy began construction of the new building in August 2016. The building is located at 145 Ashler Manor Drive in Muncy and is 12,000 sq. ft. The new building will allow us to serve children ages 6 weeks to 12 years. The goal for completion and operation of the new Center is May 2017. The Center will allow us to serve children and families in many different areas that were not possible in our prior location.
Features of the new building:
- The entrance has a drive through portico that will allow parents and children to exit/enter their cars safely without crossing traffic and protected from inclement weather.
- The main doors (one into the enclosed foyer) and the other to enter the sign in/out (circulation) area are automatically unlocked at 6:00 a.m. and locked at 6:00 p.m. each day. The sign in/out area has two kiosk machines which allow the parents to sign in with their fingerprint, which will automatically unlock the door to the child care area.
- The state-of-art security system uses fingerprint access and all exit doors are equipped with alarms. All children areas are monitored by camera systems.
- The notes to parents each day about their child’s day at the Center will be sent electronically (either text message or email) by the teacher before the end of the day – most likely at nap time. Any emergency notifications will also be sent electronically as necessary.
- The circulation area has a storage area attached for parents to place infant car seats and diaper bags.
- Each of the children classrooms have adjoining bathrooms with toilets and sinks at appropriate heights for their age group.
- In-house Sick Bay for mildly ill children with staffing by medical professional. If your child exhibits symptoms that would warrant removal from the classroom, the parent will be notified of the signs and symptoms of the illness. At this point, you will be given the opportunity to come to the Center to pick up your child, or if there is a vacancy, you may have the child moved to the Sick Bay for the remainder of the day. The Sick Bay is environmentally separated from the rest of FUN Academy with a dedicated fresh air filtration system and can care for up to 6 children. Updates on your child’s status will be texted to you after they have been transitioned to the Sick Bay.
- There is an indoor play room specific to young toddlers and an indoor gymnasium. Each classroom will have dedicated time allotted to the gymnasium in the morning and afternoon (during inclement weather).
- There are two playgrounds one for the older toddlers and another for children 3 to 5 years old. There is direct access to the playgrounds from each classroom. There is a basketball court adjacent to the building which may be used for school age children.
- There is a dining room for older toddlers, preschool and school-age children to enjoy family style meals. There are four ½ hour lunch periods for each age group.
- The Center has a dedicated full-time chef who prepares nutritious meals according to the PA Department of Education Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP).
- A new program for Before and After School care will be provided including transportation to and from school each day, including breakfast and snack.
- A new Summer Program will provide care for school age children incorporating fun with educational activities and field trips. Breakfast, lunch and snacks are included.
Our goal is to provide the very best care for your child in a secure and fun environment and to engage and challenge them to learn and grow. Please note: children are evaluated in their transfer and/or placement of rooms not only by their chronological age, but by their developmental status.
If you have a need for non-traditional child care i.e. hours before 6:00 a.m. or after 6:00 p.m., coverage for split shifts or overlapping shifts for parents who may work day and evening shift, etc. please let us know.